What is this session about?
This is an interactive session designed as a ‘101’ introduction to boards and the role of board members, including:
- the value and impact that board members contribute to organisations and the community
- the personal and professional development opportunities and valuable experience to be gained by taking up a board role
- the obligations and responsibilities of board members
- the leadership needed around the board table to ensure good governance, open communication and sound decision making
- pathways for further development and to board recruitment.
Who should come along?
This session is open to people with disability who would like to learn more about being on a board or committee of management.
It is targeted towards people who might be interested in joining a board, but have no previous board experience.
We would like this session to be as accessible and inclusive as possible.
- Auslan interpreters and a hearing loop will be available.
- The venue is wheelchair-accessible.
- The session will not be in Easy English but we can organise support workers and talk about other options if you let us know.
Please let us know if you have access requirements during registration or if you have worries or concerns about attending. Get in touch by phone 9235 1000 (ask for Maeve) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Jasper Hotel
489 Elizabeth Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Time & Date
September 16, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - September 16, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
The cost of this event is: Free
This event has been organised by: