Gain knowledge and understanding to work with Aboriginal children, young people, families and workers in a culturally respectful way.
This Cultural Awareness Training provides participants with introductory knowledge of Aboriginal culture in Victoria, as well as culturally respectful ways of working with, and walking alongside, Aboriginal people, families and communities.
This training is ideal for individuals looking to grow their knowledge, as well as staff, organisations and government departments working across the Child and Family Services sector.
Topics covered include:
- Aboriginal life before and after colonisation
- Stolen Generations, grief, loss, trauma and other effects of histor
- Resilience of Aboriginal people
- Aboriginal culture overview
- Aboriginal family roles and responsibilities
- Understanding culture can be complicated
- Working respectfully with Aboriginal children, families and workers
Places are limited so please book early!
Ticket price includes catering.
VACCA Preston Office
340 Bell Street Preston
Time & Date
February 13 @ 9:30 am - February 13 @ 4:00 pm
The cost of this event is: $197.99 - $219.99
This event has been organised by: