Whether you are new to the sector, or an experienced practitioner, this vital training will provide you with an in-depth understanding of intervention orders. You will learn tips and strategies for supporting your clients to apply for an order (including working with police), as well as if there are breaches of orders. You will also learn how intervention orders work with other courts and orders your client may be involved with.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Practitioners in family violence services
- Practitioners in community and health services
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- The process of an Intervention Order matter through the Court system
- Supports, legal and otherwise, which may assist your client
- What happens if your client (or the other party) wants to change or revoke the Intervention Order?
- The process when there is a breach of the Intervention Orders, including advocacy tips when reporting breaches to the police
- How the interaction between Intervention Orders and other family law matters works
WHAT DO OTHER PARTICIPANTS SAY?
- “I have better clarity on how to support clients on Intervention Orders and what to expect”
- “I have more confidence understanding the interconnection with family violence and the family court”
- “The greatest strength of the training was the knowledge of the trainers and a thorough and in-depth explanation of legal and court processes for Intervention Orders”
Time & Date
August 21 @ 9:30 am - August 21 @ 4:30 pm
The cost of this event is: Free