VCOSS and Social Traders are partnering to provide community organisations with an introduction to social procurement and how to get involved.
Buying from a social enterprise is one of the easiest and most effective ways of breaking the cycle of disadvantage and strengthening Australian communities.
What is a social enterprise?
Social enterprises are businesses that trade to intentionally tackle social problems, improve communities, provide people access to employment and training, or help the environment.
Using the power of the marketplace to solve the most pressing societal problems, social enterprises are commercially viable businesses existing to benefit the public and the community, rather than shareholders and owners.
What is social procurement?
The power of buying socially means that every time goods and services are bought from a social enterprise, positive social change is also created. When business and government choose to buy from social enterprise we refer to this as social procurement.
This event is designed to provide attendees with an understanding of:
- What social enterprise is
- What social procurement is
- For community organisations and social enterprises:
- The benefits of Social Traders certification and how it works
- How Social Traders can work with you to grow your product and service offering and build social enterprise into your business model
- For government, education institutions and community organisations:
- How Social Traders buyer members and certified social enterprises are working together to create meaningful social impact
- The benefits of buyer membership and what’s included
- How Social Traders can work with you to create or increase social impact within your organisation.
What you’ll hear (among other things):
A presentation from a Social Traders buyer member and Social Traders certified social enterprise supplier, followed by a Q&A to give you time to ask specific questions.
Who should attend?
- CEOs and managers of community organisations and social enterprises
- Staff from education institutions and Victorian Government agencies
Please note: Registration on the day is open from 11am for an 11.30am start
About Social Traders
Social Traders exists to create jobs for disadvantaged Australians by linking business and government to social enterprises. Last year Social Traders facilitated $20 million in sales for social enterprises with business and government buyers. By 2021 we expect to facilitate $105 million.
Social Traders certify social enterprises and offer services to support the growth and impact of business-to-business social enterprises.
Social Traders also makes introductions, hosts networking events, and works with corporate and government buyers to update their tender processes to open new opportunities for social enterprises through buyer membership.
The Wheeler Centre
176 Little Lonsdale Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Time & Date
February 20 @ 11:30 am - February 20 @ 2:30 pm
The cost of this event is: $25 - $60
This event has been organised by: